Adding a new device
Assuming you've not lost your old device, you can use that old device to help you setup 2-Step Verification on your new device. The same process can be used to setup additional, secondary devices too.
To setup 2-Step Verification for The Key on a New Device, follow these simple steps. You'll need your old device and the new one.
- On your computer, when presented with the sign in page, click the Account button instead of Sign In.
- Log into your Account Settings with your current email and password.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your old device (or use Authy Desktop), type the generated 6-digit code into the blank provided, and click Continue.
- Expand the "2-Step Verification" section and click Disable 2-Step Verification.
- Immediately re-expand the the "2-Step Verification" section.
- Click Enable 2-Step Verification.
- On your NEW device, install and use the Google Authenticator app to scan the QR Code displayed by The Key (instructions for using Authy Desktop are also available).
- The Google Authenticator app will generate a 6-digit time-based code on your mobile device. Type that code into The Key in the blank provided.
You can now use 2-Step Verification to sign in using your new device.